Carol of the Bells played by basketballs
Carol of the Bells played by basketballs
Today is the anniversary of Rosa Parks’ refusal to sit in the back of the bus in Montgomery, Ala. And this photograph of President Obama sitting on that exact same bus 57 years later is a poignant reminder of just how much America has changed in half a century. The image was taken at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Mich., where the humble 36-seat General Motors bus is on display. Like this simple picture of the president, the bus is an ordinary thing that represents extraordinary progress. [Source] [x]
things that say a lot about people:
- the way which they treat the waiter/waitress
- how they feel about the weather
- whether they dog ear pages or highlight in books
- and hands in general
- their preferred creative outlet
- how much they dread/enjoy talking on the phone
- whether or not they drink coffee
- if they ever forget to eat
- how honest they are with themselves (and others)
- if they correct your grammar
- and whether or not they get nervous before haircuts
I am terrified before hair cuts.
One of the best videos I’ve ever seen
i have bruce feelings now
I’ve been sick since Thanksgiving (so, over a week now). I *probably* had the flu the first few days, but now I seem to have a cold (aren’t I lucky). I ended up having to leave work last thursday, wasn’t there friday, but did go in today. I stayed in bed Thursday to this morning and didnt even go online, didnt feel up to it. Whatever I have/had it’s also turned into bronchitis. At the beginning of last week I had a 30-40% reduction in lung capacity, and I still am having issues with breathing. I’ve also had a cough that won’t go away, I’ve given myself a sore throat, but I got some codine cough syrup so hopefully that will be more effective than the over the counter stuff. This sucks because, well it suck. I feel miserable for the most part. What I’m really worried about is that the doctor is concerned if I have any complications than I might develop pneumonia, and I am going to Tokyo at the end of the month and I dont want this to effect that.
#questions we all want to ask
Sharks get a bad rap for being dangerous predators that are constantly devouring humans, but there is a whole world of things out there that will kill before a shark does. Here are just a few of those things.
WHO THE FUCK GETS KILLED BY A FUCKING VENDING MACHINE
Seven posters with contrasting images:
- [Pride parade] “This party is so gay.” / [Bored partygoers] “This party is so boring.”
- [Flower] This is a pansy. / [Young man sitting on the front steps] This is a boy who’s having a bad day.
- [Dog] This is a bitch. / [Young woman crossing her arms] This is a girl who speaks her mind.
- [Garden tool] This is a hoe. / [Young woman leaning forward] This is a girl who likes your boyfriend.
- [Cigarette butt] This is a fag. / [Young man] This is a guy who annoys you.
- [Three young women] These are girls. / [Three male football players] These are athletes who lost a game.
- [Queen of hearts and queen of spades] This is a pair of queens. / [Husbands leaning their foreheads together] This is a couple who’ve been together for 20 years.
The text at the bottom of each reads:
“Sexist and homophobic words are violent and they’re everybody’s problem. Realize words have an impact — even if you don’t see it. Challenge sexist and homophobic language. Choose different words. Change the subject. Support people who are being harassed. Use humor to change minds. Violent words support violence. Everybody has a backbone. Use yours.”
(source: Backbone Zone, a project of the Maine Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MECASA), which gets funding from the Maine Department of Health and Human Services, which gets its money from TAXES. Social services work, including this work, DESERVES its funding. Please vote for candidates who agree.)
Jack Harkness, Irene Adler, Dean Winchester, and Tony Stark walk into a bar
the ending of this joke has been censored by the Universe itself
Do you ever want to talk to someone but
1) You feel like you’re bothering them or coming off clingy
2) You don’t have anything to say, you just want to talk to them
3) You don’t know how to hold a conversation to save your life